These blondies are super fudgy and incredibly moreish. Made with lots of brown butter & brown sugar, and studded with white chocolate and jammie dodgers, these bars don’t pretend to have anything remotely healthy about them. They are however worth every single delicious calorie.
I like to under-bake these to ensure optimum fudginess, but if you prefer a cakier texture, just add another 10 minutes to the baking time.
Jammie Dodger White Chocolate Blondies
- 200 g unsalted butter
- 300 g light soft brown sugar
- 200 g white chocolate roughly chopped
- 275 g plain flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 24 mini jammie dodgers
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line a 20 x 30cm with baking paper
- Melt butter, milk chocolate and sugar in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Leave to cool. Stir in the sugar and 1/2 the chocolate until melted and fully combined.
- Beat in eggs, then stir in vanilla. Fold in flour and salt, followed by remaining chocolate. Roughly chop 1/2 the cookies, then stir into mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the baking tin, then top with the remaining jammie dodgers (left whole or halved.) Bake for 25-30 mins, or until risen and golden. Leave to cool in tin before cutting into bars
Very slightly adapted from Olive magazine, recipe here